Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So it begins. . .

I have been talking abut starting a blog for awhile to document our time in Australia. So let's start with background. Brian's work is taking our family to Australia for 2-3 years. We will be in Canberra (the capital - I did not know it was the capital until we found out we were moving there!). We have already received our housing assignment and today we officially moved out of our house. We leave for the land down under on 7/11.

I am very torn about the move. First, leaving our house was really hard! I loooooved our house. It the the first house Brian and I lived in together. It is where we brought Caleb home from the hospital and where he did all his firsts, rolled over, said mama and dada, took his first steps, and became his own little person. So leaving today was rough. And of course when I get in the car, the song on the radio is "The house that built me" by Miranda Lambert. It is a very fitting song, but it got me really sad and emotional. The next song that came on was "My front porch looking in" by Lonestar. I was like really, these are the songs on! I was so overwhelmed!
I am also really sad about leaving my job. I love the school I teach in and working a .6 (3 classes a day) has been a perfect combination of being a mom and teacher. Plus the people I work with are wonderful!

Finally I am sad about leaving my support system. We have amazing families, friends, and church. I don't if we will be able to find another support system like it!

But, we are moving to Australia! I mean how awesome is that! I will be able to stay at home full time with Caleb and we will be able to explore a new place. Plus Brian and I love to travel. So we will be able to see a different part of the world. So as you can see I am excited about leaving but also very nervous too.

For the next 19 days we will be in limbo, we are staying at my in-laws, then going to the beach with both families, and then staying with my parents. It will be crazy, but really good to spend so much time with family.

So, here we go - no turing back now!
Let the adventures begin!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you're doing this. Can't wait to read more & will link you to mine! :)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete