Monday, January 17, 2011

January blahs

Oh January, you are so boring! Caleb and I struggled this week to find things to do. We had 2 things planned with friends, but the other 3 days were tough. We tried to fill our time by going to the library and running errands. But it also rained all week, which is hard for a 23 month old (Can you believe he is 23 months! In a month he will be 2 - wow!). Caleb loves to be outside and run around. On Wednesday we had morning tea with some ladies and their kids from church. It was the first time that I saw them outside of church. It was really nice to get to know them a little better. The ladies are very nice and friendly. I also found out last week that I got into the MOPS group at church as well! MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is a Christian group that meets every other Wednesday morning. I am really looking forward to it because there is childcare, so it will be an hour or so where I can just socialize and worship with other moms and not have to worry about Caleb. I also think it will be good for Caleb to be without me for a bit, he is getting very attached and throws fits when I leave him now. MOPS like everything else here starts up in February. By Friday Caleb was running around the house and tearing it apart. I don't mean this figuratively, while I tried to fold clothes he was taking everything he could out of the closet, off the shelves, and if he could break/tear anything he would. I tried to distract him by drawing, which he instead chose the tear the paper off the crayons and then break them. Luckily we had already planned to meet a friend at the pool, so Caleb was able to get his energy out there. Swim lessons start up again this Thursday - Thank goodness! At least we have 1 normal part of our schedule returning!

Today so far has been wonderful! It is MLK day, so Brian is off work. There is a channel here that plays gridiron (American) football on delay. So Brian is able to see all the playoff games. So he got up early to watch football/be with Caleb, which meant I got to sleep in :) And really sleep in since we had no morning plans since the football games would be on until noon. Then I got to get out of the house on my own to get a pedicure. I was supposed to take in Brian's car for an oil change, but they were booked up (oh darn!). It was so nice drinking an iced coffee, reading trash magazines, and having a pedicure. I even treated myself to lunch!

I don't think the rest of this week will be as relaxing as today has been so far. But like I said, swimming starts on Thursday. It also looks like a beautiful week for weather, sunny and high 70s - low 80s. So I think we will try to go to the zoo and a few parks.

On Wednesday I have my 20 week OB appointment (I will be 22 weeks). This will be the first time I will see my OB since I was 12 weeks. For my last appointment she was on holiday and I saw a substitute Dr. It will be nice to see and hear the baby. We also have a lot of questions for her. We will be able to talk a little about the birth since I am further along. This Dr. is in favor of me having a v-back (Caleb was a c-section - my fault, not his). This was news to me because my OB from the States told me this was not possible. But my Aussie OB has looked at my file and said that she would like to give it a try if I am up for it and it is possible. Of course we will not know anything for sure for awhile, but at 20 weeks we can begin talking about it. I have a scheduled c-section for May 17 just in case. I would like a v-back too, who wants to go through major surgery again?! I think the recovery would be a lot harder this time. With Caleb, all I had to worry about was 1, 7 lb baby. This time I will have a baby and a 25+ lb toddler who will not understand why he cannot jump on me and why I cannot pick him up. But maybe my US OB was right and it is not possible for me. Hopefully we will have more answers after Wednesday, but I doubt it.

We still don't have a name for baby boy #2. We have 2-3 we are considering. But none that we love. When Brian chose the name Caleb we both loved it and knew that was the name. That is not happening this time. We have looked at list after list. We even looked at a list of 700 boy names and came up with nothing. Finally we made our own list and decided no more searching. We have to decide between the 3 we had. But again it is hard, we like the names, but we don't love them. I am hoping that as time goes on and as we choose a name we will begin to love it. I hate being in limbo, I know we have 4 months before this baby comes, but not having a name bothers me. Unfortunately it only bothers me, Brian is perfectly ok with it. I am hoping in the next month this will be resolved!

No comments:

Post a Comment