Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Caleb!



I love a busy week, so last week was wonderful for me! We kept up our normal routine and saw a lot of friends as well!

Wednesday evening my parent's next door neighbor, her daughter, and daughter's boyfriend came down to visit us and Canberra. They were here until Friday afternoon. It was a wonderful visit! Caleb loved all the extra attention he got, especially from another male who was willing to rough-house with him! We took them to Tidbinbilla on Thursday morning and Parliament house in the afternoon. I had not been there yet, it is really nice. We had to go after Caleb's nap, so we got there just before it closed. But they have tours all day long, so we will have to go back sometime. On Friday we went up the Telstra Tower. It was so nice to catch up with old friends!

On the weekend we started birthday celebrations for Caleb. He will be 2 on Thursday! This weekend coming up is President's Day, so we knew people would probably be going out of town. We are not sure if we are yet. On Saturday I baked and decorated my first birthday cake for Caleb. Last year, a really good friend of mine made the cake. She is extremely talented and did an amazing job. My cake did not compare to hers, but I was still proud of myself. I was surprised at how much I remembered from working at Cake's Plus in college!

On Sunday we had a small party for Caleb. We went to church in the morning and then had 2 families over for a bbq in the early evening. Brian grilled chicken and hamburgers. Our grill is very small, so he grilled for about 2 hours! He did a great job, the food was great! It was a really nice day, so we spent almost the whole party outside. The kids loved playing with the rugby ball and other outdoor toys and the parents sat around and talked. It was lovely! Then it was time for cake and presents. I think Caleb enjoyed his party!

Today our playgroup had a little party for Caleb as well! We made brownies, Caleb helped! He put in the ingredients (expect for the eggs, I did that part :) and stirred it all together. This was the first time we cooked together. He did a great job! The other mums brought muffins, fruit, cookies, and bread. One of the the mum's brought balloons, party hats, and noisemakers too! We played ring around the rosy and then the kids played with the balloons and other toys in the playhouse. It was so sweet that the mum's did this for him! My little boy is very loved!

I don't think we will do too much on his birthday. We have swim lessons in the morning and then we will have lunch with daddy at work. I also think we will skype with both sets of Grandparents that day too, so they can wish him a happy birthday.

MOPS starts this week. I am excited to go for the first time! I also have a 26 week appointment with my OB this week. After this week I start going every 2 weeks. It is crazy how fast this pregnancy is going. No news on the name front. It is driving me crazy! 3 months to go!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i cant believe only THREE more months for you!! feels like just yesterday when you told me you were pregnant. the pictures of caleb are so adorable, your cake looked great, cakes plus would be proud ;) let's set up a skype time soon????

    ReplyDelete