Sunday, September 11, 2011

a long overdue update

Wow, it has been a long time since I have blogged.  So this will be more of a hodgepodge blog.

First, today is 9/11.  So you might be wondering what Canberra is doing to remember that day.  There is a ceremony in a park today hosted by the American embassy.  There was also a flag ceremony at the embassy a couple weeks ago, there is a flag for each person that was lost around the perimeter of the embassy.  Brian is going to help set up for the ceremony today and then attend it.  I decided not to go, I am afraid Caleb might get loud or Elias might get hungry or not want to go to sleep.  So I think it is better that the boys stay home as to not ruin the somber mood of the ceremony.

Last week Brian was away.  It was my first week with the boys on my own all day.  I was very nervous.  Elias does not sleep very well during the day and Caleb is very attached to Brian.  But in all it went well.  Most of you who follow the blog are also my friend on facebook, so you saw my updates each day, so I won't go into detail with it.

Elias is finally starting to improve.  I think he is coming out of his reflux.  It is funny how similar he and Caleb are!  Caleb started coming out his reflux at 3.5 months and Elias is just about 4 months.  He is not screaming nearly as much as he used to when going to sleep.  He is also putting himself to sleep during his daytime naps now.  He will sleep in his crib anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours at a time during the day.  I normally have to hold him at least once if he has only taken a short nap in his crib.  But it is so much nicer than having to hold him for every daytime nap.  He finished the last of his medicine yesterday morning.  We have another refill but I am hoping he won't need it.  He will also start rice cereal this week, yum!  He is growing so fast!

My silly boys, Caleb 2 1/2     Elias 16 weeks
Although it seems Elias and Caleb are very similar I can already see how their personalities are so different!  Caleb has always been very physical.  He started being independent at 8 weeks, wanting to be on the floor playing.  He rolled over at 11 weeks.  He was also very demanding.  If he wanted/wants something you know about it right away and he will bother you about it until he gets it.  Elias is so much calmer.  During tummy time he does not try to roll over or work on lifting his head.  He will lay there, talk to himself or suck on his fingers until you turn him over.  He is also pretty content to do whatever.  He is happy to be held or in his bouncer or on the floor.  The only time he makes a fuss is when he is hungry or overtired.  Luckily they are similar in that Caleb was a very happy baby and so is Elias, Caleb was also very talkative and Elias seems to be that way as well.

I think this picture shows their personalities well.  Caleb is a complete goofball and Elias is just sweet!

I have some ideas for some new blogs.  I will try to update more often!

1 comment: