Finding a hairstylist when you move a lot is tough. I am not super picky with my hair, but I do like a good haircut. So, it has been 6 months since I got a haircut. I got it cut very short before we left Maryland because I knew it would be awhile after the move.
So i asked around and a friend recommended this salon. It was quite an experience. So, i planned on getting a manicure and my eyebrows waxed too. When I left the apartment I told Brian I would probably be gone for a couple of hours since I was getting so much done.
When I checked in, I was shown to the chair to get my hair washed and over walks the manicurist. So as I am getting my hair washed she was filing my nails. Then the owner of the salon cuts my hair while the manicurist was working on mu cuticles and doing a hand scrub. After the owner finished cutting my hair, I had to wait to get it blown out. As I was waiting the manicurist started painting my nails and over walks the esthetician to wax my eyebrows. So now my eyebrows and nails are being done at the same time! When they finished with my eyebrows, I. got my hair blown out by another lady. So in all I had 5 different people working on me! Plus because almost everything was done at the same time, I was done in 45 minutes! But the best part, is all that cost $50! That is how mush i would pay in the States for just a haircut. It was definitely an experience and I will definitely be going back! If only everything in Colombia was this efficient! Here is a pic of the new do :)
So i asked around and a friend recommended this salon. It was quite an experience. So, i planned on getting a manicure and my eyebrows waxed too. When I left the apartment I told Brian I would probably be gone for a couple of hours since I was getting so much done.
When I checked in, I was shown to the chair to get my hair washed and over walks the manicurist. So as I am getting my hair washed she was filing my nails. Then the owner of the salon cuts my hair while the manicurist was working on mu cuticles and doing a hand scrub. After the owner finished cutting my hair, I had to wait to get it blown out. As I was waiting the manicurist started painting my nails and over walks the esthetician to wax my eyebrows. So now my eyebrows and nails are being done at the same time! When they finished with my eyebrows, I. got my hair blown out by another lady. So in all I had 5 different people working on me! Plus because almost everything was done at the same time, I was done in 45 minutes! But the best part, is all that cost $50! That is how mush i would pay in the States for just a haircut. It was definitely an experience and I will definitely be going back! If only everything in Colombia was this efficient! Here is a pic of the new do :)

That is SO funny! How do you even tip 5 different people?? (Or do you not tip at all there?) Your hair looks awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look so pretty!! missing you, friend :)
ReplyDelete