The rest of the week was pretty boring. Caleb and I struggled a bit to find things to do since things are closed down in January. On Tuesday we went to a play place which has a pretty large ball pit which Caleb loves! He loves to run and slide on the balls from one side to the other. Wednesday we got together with a friend from the embassy. It is always nice seeing them, the mom is really nice and her girls are really sweet. I love those playdates because Caleb is excited to play with the girls and their toys so the mom and I just get to talk. On Friday we went to Questacon and Caleb saw his first puppet show. He was so good during it! It was 1/2 hour and he sat the whole time, pretty impressive for a 22 month old! Bri and I decided to take it easy this weekend since we just had a busy month. We cleaned, took down Christmas decorations, and played around the house.
I know I talk about Caleb all the time, like what we do, but I thought I would share some of the cute things he does. First he is talking up a storm now and is starting to be a mimic. Like, when I tell him "no" he says it back to me. When he is really mad at me or Brian he will say "bye", wave and walk out of the room. It is hilarious, usually he walks through the dining room and back into the kitchen or living room smiling saying "hello"! He has learned that when he falls or hurts he will get a kiss. So now when he hurts something he will tell me the body part and "kiss" in a very pathetic voice. Then usually he will pick out a few other places that need kisses too. He continues to love music and now he sings along with the songs we sing. His favorite is wheels on the bus and if we ask will always request that one (even if he does not really want to sing it). He does the motions and says "beep, beep, beep" for the horn. He also loves Old MacDonald and when asked what is on the farm he will always say duck. We sing Bingo but change Bingo to Caleb and when we get to that part of the song he loves to spell his name (as well as he can).
Well I think I have bragged about my son enough for now. He is so much fun right now I can't wait until he has a little brother. I can't wait to see how this little boy is going to turn out! By the way when we told him he was going to have a little brother he said "yes" and nodded, like he knew all along.
AWW!!! I love little kids!! And the crazy things they do!! Can't wait to see you all in a month!!
ReplyDeleteI love the walking out of the room waving bye, how classic! It's going to be so fun for him to have a little guy around soon. I cant wait to hear what name you choose, that's the most exciting part for me anyway :) Did you know 1/26 is "Australia Day?" That's what my American calendar tells me, that is :) What will you do to celebrate?
ReplyDelete