Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome Elias

Elias William Charmatz is here! My c-section took place last Tuesday, May 17. Elias was born at 2:36pm, he weighed 6 lbs 13 oz, and was 17 3/4 inches. We had to arrive at the hospital at 9am and I had some blood taken. Then we were given a room and we just sat and waited until we were taken back for the surgery. The anesthesiologist and my OB did a fantastic job!
The funniest thing about the Cesar (what they call a c-section here) was when they lowered the curtain to show us Elias for the first time he peed on me! I could not believe he came out of the womb peeing! Then when the pediatrician took him examine him, he peed on the pediatrician too!
I was worried that I would be given too much medicine like Caleb's birth. But I was given the perfect amount. The day after the surgery I was out of the bed and walking around on my own. with Caleb I was not able to get out of bed for at least 2 days and I was not mobile on my own until the day before I left the hospital. This time once I was out of bed I was moving fine. It is amazing to me how well my body could recover when I only had the surgery and not the labor. My blood pressure has been high, which is odd for me, it is never something that I have struggled with. I also somehow hurt my shoulder. I am seeing a midwife tomorrow about the blood pressure, hopefully it has gone down!

Elias is wonderful. He is nursing really well which is such a blessing. Caleb did not nurse well until he was over 2 months old. For the most part Elias is sleeping well too, although he has a good amount of gas. So nights have been a bit of a struggle. Last night he was up from 3:30am-6:30am. Then of course he had a wonderful day. Hopefully tonight will be better!
Caleb and Brian visited us in the hospital twice a day. Elias gave Caleb a present each day he came. Caleb has taken to Elias very well! He loves to give him hugs and kisses. He gets upset when Elias cries, especially when I change his diaper. He says "no hurting". He also asks where Elias is when he does not see him. It is so sweet! I am hoping all the good feelings toward his brother will last!

My parents come in on Saturday, 5 days! I can't wait to see them!
Here is the last pic of me pregnant. The anesthesiologist told me I had quite a bump and the baby was bursting to get out! I agreed! Then one of our sweet Elias.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa peed when they were pulling her out too! He's so cute! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete