Wednesday, November 16, 2011

happy 6 month birthday Elias!

Tomorrow (11/17) Elias will be 6 months old!  It has gone so fast!  I took him to the pediatrician yesterday and he was 16 lb 2 oz and 24.5 inches.  The pediatrician does not want to see him again until before we move, he will be 13.5 months.  He looks much chunkier than he is.  When the doctor first saw him yesterday he said "wow, what a boofer (Aussie slang for chunky).  But when he weighed and measured him, he said "wait, he is not a boofer at all!"  He is in the 25th percentile for weight and 3rd for height.  He has only grown 2 centimeters since he was 3 months.  I am a bit concerned that he is not growing taller, but there is nothing I can do about it.  I am just praying for a growth spurt!

He can roll over both ways and loooooves to roll.  He will roll from one end of the room to the other and then back again!  He is working on sitting up, but he is not quite there yet.
He is eating solid food.  He started on rice cereal 2 weeks ago and loves it.  He is up to 2 servings a day of 2 ounces each.  This week he had his first veggie, zucchini, which he also loved!  I think he is going to be a very good eater!

He is cooing and talking all the time and loves to be held.  He also is getting quite attached to me.  If he is playing on the floor and I walk past and don't pick him up, he will whine until I do.  I am trying to enjoy that attention now, because I know that in a couple of months he will become a daddy's boy like Caleb.  Caleb is by far his favorite toy!  Whenever Caleb is around he will reach out for him and he loves the attention Caleb gives him.  If Caleb is around he will watch whatever he is doing, it is like t.v. for him!  What crazy things will my big brother do now!  Caleb is still very good with him.  He loves to give Elias toys and he likes to feed him as well.  I am thinking though there might be some trouble when Elias can crawl and get Caleb's toys.  Caleb already gets annoyed when Elias kicks his books while nursing.

Although Elias had a rough start he is very healthy now.  His reflux went away at around 4 1/2 months and his milk protein intolerance went away at about 5 months.

Elias is a very happy baby.  He loves to smile and laugh.  After the doctor shared his concerns about Elias' growth he said he was not overly concerned because he is such a happy guy.  I am very blessed to have such a sweet baby boy!  Happy 6 month Birthday Elias!

1 comment: