Monday, July 5, 2010

1 week





One week from this moment we will be on a plane headed to San Fransisco. We will have a short layover there and then head to Sydney, another short layover and we will finally head to Canberra. We will leave on the 11th and arrive on the 13th. It is amazing to me that it is only a week away now! We have known about this for so long and now it is almost here!
When we tell people we are moving to to Australia we almost aways get the same response - "I have always wanted to go there but it is so far!" and "that is a really long plane ride". And yes it is very far away and a very long plane ride. I am a bit worried about the plane, but Brian and I will work with Caleb together. We have a backpack full of toys and books and most of the flight is overnight, so we are planning on keeping him up during the layovers and running him around so hopefully he will sleep. We also upgraded to business class, so the seats will lay flat. Hopefully our plan of attack will work.
Since I last posted we have done quite a bit. We spent a few days in Glenwood with Brian's parents. Brian still had to go to work, so Betty and I spent the days taking Caleb to the pool, the park, and playing inside. Then we went to Chincoteague for a few days to spend some time with my family. Caleb loved playing in the sand and playing with his cousin Madi. It was really nice to have the family together and relax. Now we are in Bethany Beach with Brian's family. Kim came down from Buffalo and we are really enjoying our time here!
Caleb has adjusted really well to all 3 places and even adjusted to a new schedule, he is getting up around 7-7:30, taking a 2-3 hour nap at noon, and going to bed at 8. It makes me think maybe I can do this stay at home mom thing ok. I know I have a lot of help right now, but maybe I can do it on my own too. It really is the thing I am worried the most about. How will I adjust to being a stay at home mom? Will I get sick of Caleb? How will I do it without the help of Betty or my mom? I guess I will find out in a week!
I will add some pictures of our stays at the top.

2 comments:

  1. great pictures! glad you guys had/are having a nice time - cannot believe you leave so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will love being a SAHM. It's definitely not easy, but so rewarding. Feel free to Skype me whenever you need to. There will be an adjustment period and then the two of you will find your own rhythm. I had the same worries when I decided to stay home with W. I never thought I would be SAHM and now look at me, I don't ever want to do anything else! :) You will be in my prayers. Enjoy this time. Can't believe you are leaving so soon!

    ReplyDelete