We did write up a blog post for last week. But our internet went down as we tried to post it and then it only save half of the blog. I did not feel like re-writing it. It was pretty depressing. So I will try to sum it up.
Last week Brian went on his first work trip. He worked really long hours, so it was not too fun for him. Caleb missed his father terribly and took it out on me. He decided to go into the terrible two's and threw a ton of tantrums. I even called my mom in tears half way through the week trying to get some support. There were times I was not sure I would make it to Saturday when Brian returned.
This week was better. We went to the spring festival, floriade twice, once with our play group and once with Brian. It is nice that spring has finally come. Things are getting greener, our grass is growing again, and it is getting warmer and in the 60's everyday. The rest of the week was pretty normal. We had swim lessons, went to the library to get new books, and went to Questacon.
Caleb got sick again this week. I know I have written about this before, but it really seems to be every other week. It is extremely frustrating. He had/has a pretty bad cough and a runny nose. We were supposed to meet up with friends on Thursday but stayed at home because his cough was getting so bad. His nose is better, but he still coughs when he is running around too much. I really hope he can consistently be well since winter is finally gone.
Caleb's behavior was a lot better too. I knew the main reason he acted out last week was because he missed his dad, but every time we went out in public he threw at least 1 tantrum. And one day in the span of an hour he threw 5. It was ridiculous! This week he still through tantrums, but I could see the triggers and fix the problem. He was either tired or hungry, so I was able to give him a snack or make our way home. Last week they would be out of the blue. I feel like if I know why it is happening I can deal with them a lot better.
This week is looking good too. Tomorrow is family and community day, a public holiday so Brian is off. He also is giving me the morning off (with one string). So I am happy I will get most of the morning free to myself. I think I will do some shopping and get a pedicure. The rest of the week is looking normal.
I thought I would go through some aussie-isms that I have learned so far. Enjoy!
How you going? (everyone says this here!) - How are you?
Arvo - afternoon
cheeky - silly
boofhead - butthead
pram - stroller
capsicum - pepper (vegetable)
pumpkin - this refers to all squash and pumpkins - it is odd to see butternut pumpkin in the store!
fortnight - every two weeks
footy - australian football
grid iron - american football
fringe - bangs
SMS - text
sleeps - naps
I reckon - I guess or think
biscuit - cookies, crackers
bub - baby
cot - crib
cheers - thanks/good-bye
no worries - your welcome
chips - french fries
whole milk - full cream
cart (like shopping cart) - trolley
petrol - gas
mate - friend
partner - spouse
This is all Brian and I could think of for now. I posted pictures at the top of floriade. I have more on my facebook page if you would like to see them. We miss and love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment