Sunday, October 3, 2010





I think I will go backwards this time. Mainly because I am having a hard time remembering the beginning of the week.

This weekend we went to Batemans Bay for a night. It was nice to get away. We got incredibly lost getting out of the city. I wrote before about how many roads are circuits or labeled differently, plus google maps sucks. So it took us an hour just to get out of the city. But once we found the main road, we were good. We stayed in a really cute bed and breakfast that just opened this weekend. It was really nice and they actually had a full crib, so Caleb was really comfortable too. There was a jazz festival in town, so it was pretty hard to find a place, but I am so glad we got the one we stayed in. The weather was pretty crappy this weekend, it was rainy and overcast. But it is about 2 1/2 hours away so I am sure we will go back. We went to Batemans Bay Saturday afternoon and Pebbly Beach Sunday morning.
Tomorrow is Australian Labour Day so Brian is off, we are excited about the long weekend!

The week went pretty well. Friday we had to run a bunch of errands, get 2 new back tires, and pick stuff up at the store. So we were out all morning and surprisingly Caleb was really good! He only threw 1 fit and it was pretty short. Thursday we went out to the farm of a family in our playgroup. We got to bottle feed the lambs, have morning tea, and play in the big backyard. It was really nice! I felt so relaxed when I got home, the country is so calming! Wednesday we went to the library to get new books. Tuesday was swim lessons. Monday was my morning off :) Brian let me sleep in and get out by myself as long as I got an oil change while I was out. So I got a pedicure and went shopping while the car was being serviced. It was nice to get out alone!
I have been feeling pretty lonely the last few weeks. I think I have settled in and a lot of the places I have tried to find other mothers to hang out with have not really panned out. We have been going to the same church for a few weeks now and we like it, but there are not a lot of young families. But none of the churches we found had young families. At swim lessons, everyone just focuses on the kids and then leaves right after the lesson. I see the mothers from the playgroup at the library sometimes, but for some reason Caleb seems to always throw fits there. It is tough when I really only interact with other adults (besides Brian) once a week. So I am looking for other outlets. Any ideas?

Brian and I thought of other Aussie-isms throughout this week, so here they are:
Give it a go- try it out
How people get on - how people get along
queue - line
tick - check mark
ute - pick up truck
bloke - man
EFTPOS - credit card
ground beef - minced meat

I added some pics from our night away. The first beach is batemans bay, the second is pebbly beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment