Friday, August 23, 2013

It's been a day. .

You know you just have one of those days where you wish you could just start over.  This was one for us today.
It started off ok.  Oliver had an ok night.  Which means he only woke once at 12:30am before feeding at 4am and then was up at 5:30am, and then 6:30am when I brought him to bed with me to get a little more sleep while Brian was getting ready.  I will blog about all of Oliver's issues another time.  
The big boys were mostly cooperative while getting ready and the walk to school for Caleb was fine.  We stopped at the store on the way home to get a few things and the store had them, which was a success.  The grocery stores here are hit and miss.  Then Ollie took his morning nap and Elias and I had some time together.
I had arranged to meet another mom and her girls at a park after Ollie's nap.  We got there before them and Elias was playing.  This park has big slides with ladders, the old fashioned kind, think back to when you were a kid.  He had gone up the ladder on his own 4 times without help.  The 5th time he fell  off the ladder.  He hit his head pretty bad and was bleeding everywhere.  Another mom stopped to help us and gave me some toilet paper to help stop the bleeding and strapped Oliver back in the stroller so I did not have to worry about him while I was trying to calm down Elias.  I eventually did stop the bleeding and got a band-aid on, luckily it looks like he does not need a stitch.  The rest of the time at the park was fine, Elias played with the girls and I talked with the mom.
Then when I went to pick up Caleb from preschool, his teacher came out with him.  You know it is not a good sign when the teacher comes out with the kid!  But it was not too bad, she just said he is getting hungry before snack time(ie, he needs more breakfast).  We will have to work on this since he is not a big breakfast eater.  Also that he refuses to go to music because it is too noisy.  She was very sweet about it though and said that she takes him out and spends time with him and in time he will be ready to go.
Ollie fell asleep on the walk home and made the transfer to his crib, but he decided an hour nap was sufficient.  I disagreed and he cried for about 45 minutes before he decided to go back to sleep.  I have to re-sleep train him since the move.  More on this later.  
We had another play date after naps.  So we made some trail mix and headed to another park.  At this park, Elias and Caleb were swinging side by side.  Caleb got off the swing and walked in front of Elias, who was still swinging and got kicked in the face.  So now he as a bruise under his eye.
I decided to pick up dinner on the way home.  Ollie had his third nap and when he woke up, I came back to the dining room holding Ollie and Elias was crying and his 2 front teeth were bleeding.  I am still not sure how that happened.  But he was wearing the football helmet, so maybe he somehow bumped into the mouth guard?  Caleb said something about him falling out of his chair.  But Caleb has had some issues with telling the truth lately, so I don't know if his story is accurate either.  Also because he said "I didn't do anything to him!"  hmmmm.  .  . 
Brian has had to work late a few days every week and this was one of them.  So I had to shower the big boys on my own.  But Ollie was not happy that I put him down, so he screamed while I was getting the boys ready for bed.  Luckily Brian came home while I was dressing them and held Ollie.
I know everyone has days like this, but wow, it was rough!!!
Here are some pictures from the week!
Elias wants to be in a package! 

It's a good scary face!
 Elias had fallen out of bed last week and gotten a black eye.  So that is still healing.  I have a friend who recently blogged about needing to wrap her son in bubble wrap.  I might need to join her!!
Now a black eye and busted forehead!

Oliver decided to start crawling this week.


Caleb in his gym uniform.  Why Colombians think white is an appropriate color for gym is beyond me.  He comes home absolutely filthy and his gym uniform is never white after school!!

He has to wear the sweatpants and fleece over the uniform.  But when it is warm enough he can play in just the uniform for the rest of the day.  I think I will be buying bleach soon!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment